Most people have smartphones and look at their phones every 5.5 minutes. With that said, your mobile application must stand out and be ahead of the trends with functionalities and development to ensure you keep your app up to date and keep your app users engaged. A few trends for mobile app development in 2023 are similar to what is currently popular but will be more in demand for users in the upcoming year. Check out a few of the key components for 2023 below.
- Personalization: Making the app experience personal is ideal. Add features, notifications, and triggers that look at the user’s preferences and history. Some ideas to consider to make your mobile app personal are recommending products/services, tailoring the user interface, or providing custom notifications addressing them by name.
- Augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR): Utilizing technology to your advantage by integrating an immersive and interactive experience. Reality experiences may include shopping via a live video and many other virtual experiences.
- Internet of Things (IoT) integration: Get your users involved with your business and app by having devices that connect to the mobile app. IoT could be a watch, a smart home appliance, or any sort of wearable technology. Not only are you connecting the user with data and integration, but with having these loT devices, you begin to create a community. Which ultimately increases business.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning: AI is a trend that is up in coming. Mobile apps can utilize AI trends by enabling the apps to learn and make intelligent business decisions. This trend is huge for improving your mobile app and the user experience.
- On-demand services: We have all heard of ride-sharing and food delivery at this point. On-demand services are trending. If you can offer a service that is on-demand, DO IT! This trending subject has led to finding app users the type of services they need. Even if you are in the direct selling industry, you can offer on-demand services by having local events in areas you have distributors.
- Security: The safety of the sensitive data being stored and transmitted is essential. Security should always be a trend in the mobile app world. Passwords and personal information should never be stored to ensure you are guarding your customers’ and/or distributors’ safety. Thankfully each year, security for applications continues to increase and developers are putting a greater emphasis on security to protect user data.
As we kick off 2023, take these few examples of trends in mobile app development and implement them in your 2023 strategy. The mobile app industry is constantly evolving, and it’s complex to foresee with certainty which specific trends will be most prominent in the future. However, with what we know, these topics will stand out in the new year.